Date Walnut Cake Recipe
Made with dates, walnuts & wheat flour this cake is sugarless, butterless and eggless amazingly tasty.This recipe was shared by my friend Anagha Godbole on Epicurean Delights Group. The simplicity and healthy factor of the recipe tempted me to try it at the first place:) It came out so moist that it was literally melting in the mouth. Thanks Anagha:)
- 18-20 dates
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2-3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup flour(1/2 cup wheat flour and 1/2 cup all purpose)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tea spn baking soda
- 1 tbl spn walnuts
- Soak the dates(save 2-3 to be chopped &added to the batter) in warm milk (3-4 hours is enough for the dates we get here) Remove the seeds if not using seedless.
- Blend them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in.
- Add oil and mix.
- Sieve together flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour one table spoon at a time and mix slowly. I used the hand mixer to blend it properly. Taste and if add sugar.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Bake the cake in a greased oven dish for 1 hour.